I’m continuing this weekly update from The View From the Treehouse because it helps me focus throughout the week on the good things that happen, especially the little things that are often overlooked or quickly forgotten. Writing down and recalling the good things makes me happy. I hope it will encourage others to think of all the positive things that happened in their own weeks. You can share in the comments if you like!
Some of the good things that happened this week at Casa Aloha were:
- WenYu finished her summer school class over a week early and with a good grade, and is enjoying some time off before another course begins next week.
- We put $13.27 into the change/$1 bill savings.
- All the leftovers (and there was a LOT of them) were finished. No food waste!
- The hairstylist cut my hair exactly the way I wanted this time.
- I had a short but good phone conversation with my mom.
- The girls did their back-to-school shopping online, got some terrific deals and cute clothes, and their order arrived in just two days!
- This week I went over 30,000 followers on Pinterest (and still remember how exciting it was to get my first)!
- Brett completed a full-day hike up to the Makaleha Falls. He had tried before and wasn’t able to make it all the way.
All in all nothing too remarkable, but they made for a very nice week. What good things happened for you this past week?