The last Sunday in June! While I can’t say it’s been a long month, it certainly hasn’t sped by like others seem to have done this year. And that’s OK, because it’s been a pretty nice month overall. Lots of good things have happened.
Brett and I started another puzzle on Friday, and this one might take a while. It has 1000 pieces like previous puzzles, but they’re smaller and the pattern is just crazy enough (buttons) to make it a bit more challenging than usual. Three new puzzles that I ordered should be arriving this week, and I’m going to pass the ones we’ve finished on to a friend who also loves them (although she will give them back – Brett and I want to do them all again in a while).
Otherwise it’s a lazy Sunday here at Casa Aloha. This afternoon I am:
- Reading: I haven’t read much of anything this weekend because I kept falling asleep every time I picked up my book (All the World We Cannot See). The book is wonderful, but I guess I’ve just been tired.
- Listening to: The hum of the fans and roosters screaming in the background.
- Watching: I watched the Ken Burns documentary series Baseball this past week. It was great, and brought back lots of memories. I grew up in a baseball family, and am old enough to remember the Dodgers coming to Los Angeles and how excited everyone was, so that part of the series was especially nostalgic for me. I hoped to start his documentary Jazz last night but it’s not available with Amazon Prime, so I started The Civil War again. Tonight we’re going to watch the movie Big Eyes.
- Cooking/baking: Brett made a double batch of waffles this morning to use up the last of some sour milk. I have no idea what’s for dinner because I’m not cooking! We’re going to meet up with my cousin and her family somewhere to eat, probably up on the north side of the island.
- Happy I accomplished this past week: Besides finding airfares at the price I wanted for our vacation next spring I don’t think I accomplished much of anything this past week other than the usual household stuff. Just one of those weeks, I guess.
- Looking forward to next week: Hopefully getting to the beach for an afternoon or two. We haven’t been in a while again and I’m craving being out under the umbrella and enjoying the surf and sun. We don’t have anything planned for the Fourth of July other than barbecuing here at home.
- Thankful for: Ceiling fans and trade winds. The summer heat and humidity are back again, but between the breezes and the fans we’re managing to stay comfortable. When the breezes stop though it can get miserable quickly, even with the fans. I’m also grateful for the opportunity to visit with my cousin after such a long time. We had a nice, long phone conversation the other evening, and I’m looking forward to getting together tonight.
- Bonus question: Do you remember your dreams? Not really, although the other day I was thinking about these four houses that show up again and again in my dreams. It’s kind of weird, actually. They’re each very distinctive, but show up regularly enough that I can remember them outside of my dreams. Wonder what that means?
How is your day going? Hope you have all had a wonderful week!