Another hot, humid but good week at Casa Aloha:
- We met our real estate agent and really liked her. We will begin looking at condos tomorrow!
- Another unit is coming up for sale in the same complex as The Prince and The Pauper. It’s not officially listed yet, but our agent has arranged for us to tour it tomorrow since we’ll already be there to tour the other two.
- Those hurricanes that were threatening last week changed direction and missed the islands – yeah! We did get some heavy-ish rain, and the surf was quite high on the east side, but better than a direct hit by a hurricane!
- The landlord did extensive yard work and tree trimming this week in preparation for listing the house and everything looks so nice. I know it’s temporary, but I’m going to enjoy it as long as I can.
- We bought two beautiful pink dragonfruit this week at the farmers’ market. We’d never had one before and wanted to give it a try – they are delicious! Dragonfruit is wonderfully juicy and lightly sweet. It’s also easier to peel than an orange, although you wouldn’t guess that from looking at it.
- The vendor of the organic stand at the farmers’ market, who I hadn’t seen in several weeks, greeted me by name this week. I felt like a local, at least for a moment.
- We put $7.74 into the change/$1 bill jar this week. Our change/$1 bill savings for August totaled $19.82.
- Our weekend cocktails tonight will be mai tais, made with locally-produced rum!
How has your week been? What good things happened for you?