It’s been another good, busy week here at Casa Aloha, with several things happening to feel good about this Friday:
- We got the freezer emptied out and defrosted before our big shopping trip to Costco.
- We came in $40 under budget after our monthly Costco and Safeway shop-a-thons, a miracle because we had run out of so much this month, and our shopping list was longer than ever. The extra will cover milk and eggs when we need them later in the month.
- We saved $30 by skipping the farmers’ market this week – we still have plenty of produce on hand.
- My grandson sent me a letter complete with some drawings and his signature!
- Brett found a button on the ground at the recycling center that was a perfect replacement for the one he lost off one of his favorite pairs of shorts a while ago. And, he sewed it on himself (he learned to do mending when he was in the navy).
- I had a great conversation with my mom this week. She was so thrilled to hear that WenYu was named a scholarship finalist.
- Temperatures have been cooler all week, especially in the evenings. Not cool enough for a sweater (thank goodness) but we haven’t needed the fans at night.
- We put $19.53 in the change/$1 bill jar during the last two weeks. It doesn’t seem like much, but we have almost saved $1000 this year this way. That’s some nice traveling money!
How was your week? What good things happened for you?