Happy Day After Thanksgiving, also known as Black Friday. We’ll be celebrating here at Casa Aloha by staying home and not spending any money.
It’s been an awesome week though, with lots to feel good about today:
- We had a fantastic Thanksgiving! The weather was cool, overcast and windy, but we were able to make our second annual hike to the Pineapple Dump from Kealia Beach. After dinner we watched The Descendents, our favorite Thanksgiving movie.
- I didn’t overeat on Thanksgiving (in spite of that plate looking mighty full. It was my first and only meal of the day).
- Meiling celebrated Thanksgiving with her boyfriend and his family, and our son celebrated in Tokyo with some other American ex-pats.
- We spent less than $400 on our move (for van rental + tank of gas Saturday before last, movers for 9 heavy pieces last Saturday, and two extra tanks of gas for all the trips back and forth between houses each day).
- We all worked and cleaned out our old place last Sunday, and turned in our keys to our former landlord and got our deposit back on Tuesday.
- We put $31.01 in the change/$1 bill jar (over the last three weeks).
- WenYu was named as one of the co-captains for the swim team!
How was your week? What good things happened for you?