writing. I was seeing dollar signs flash in front of my eyes for a day thinking I was going to have to buy a new computer. But . . . .
- We discovered there is an authorized Mac/Apple shop in Lihue! They diagnosed the problem, and my Mac is now winging its way to the mainland for a new logic board and refurbishment, for an amount way, way less than we expected. I should have it back in another week or week and a half.
- Even though she didn’t get a match scholarship this past week, WenYu was contacted by both Wellesley College and Colorado College and encouraged to apply for Early Decision/Early Action. They are still not guarantees she will be accepted, but she sent off her request for Early Decision consideration to Wellesley yesterday evening, and to Colorado for Early Action (which is non-binding). She’s also working on her regular decision applications to Scripps, Trinity, Oberlin, Grinnell and Bennington Colleges as well as the University of Hawaii; they will be sent off by next Friday.
- I used up the remaining Thanksgiving leftover, the cranberry sauce, to make a delicious cranberry-apple crisp. I’ve always used whole cranberries in the recipe before, but it turned out great using the sauce.
- Brett and I had a wonderful visit yesterday morning with the photographer who will be doing our family picture later this month when we’re all together. We are so happy and excited that we get to work with her!
- We put $16.74 into our change/$1 bill jar this week. (I’ll figure out the November total once I get my computer back.)
- We are done with our Christmas shopping except for our daughter-in-law’s gifts, but all we need to do is get out and pick them up which we plan to do next week. Best of all, we are coming in well under budget with our Christmas spending.
- We found a very affordable sleeping pad at the sporting goods store for Meiling to use when she’s here – she’ll be camping out in her sisters’ room for the two-plus weeks she’s home. She says she’ll wait and see how comfortable it is before deciding if she can manage on it all next summer – she’s seriously thinking of coming home to Hawaii because she misses us and misses Kaua’i.
How did your week go? I hope you all had many good things happening for you!