Although I’m excited about starting a new year, I’m also feeling bittersweet about saying good-bye to 2015. It was a very good year for our family. Highlights include:
- Meiling landing on her feet in Oregon, finding a job and saving enough to pay her college expenses.
- A fabulous trip to Japan in March with WenYu and YaYu, and getting to spend time with our son and family as well as Brett’s sister.
- Celebrating our first year on Kaua’i in June!
- WenYu and YaYu’s successful year at their new school. They made friends, lettered in three sports, and did exceptionally well in all their classes.
- Brett’s great trip back to the mainland in September, getting Meiling settled at college and then continuing on a fun road trip with his sister before heading back to Kaua’i.
- Successfully retiring from the state of Oregon in November, and getting my Social Security set up to begin in January.
- Meeting and making friends with three readers (and their spouses) from the blog!
- Finding a wonderful new house to rent in a great location.
- WenYu’s selection as a national Questbridge Finalist in November, followed by her acceptance to Colorado College with a full scholarship during their Early Action round in December.
- Our whole family being together on the island for a wonderful and memorable Christmas!
We have lots to look forward to in the upcoming new year: three trips (the Mystery Vacation™ in March, Oahu in June, and getting WenYu off to college in August), as well as other milestones, such as WenYu’s graduation from high school in May. Mostly though we’re hoping for continuing good health, a calm year, great weather and as many trips to the beach as possible!