I honestly didn’t think living on Kaua’i could get any better, but on the way out of the hospital the other day following my mammogram I stopped in the hospital gift shop to check it out. They sell See’s candy! Those of you from the west coast will know exactly why this discovery was so exciting, but for those who don’t know See’s, they are simply The. Best. Candy. Ever.
Anyway, last Saturday I went to buy some for Brett and the girls for Valentine’s Day, but the gift shop was closed :-(. Brett and I stopped in on Wednesday though and I had him pick out a box for himself – he chose the dark chocolate assortment – and we decided on the lollypop assortment for the girls. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me that See’s is available here . . . even though I won’t be enjoying any of it for the time being (none of it is vegan).
Some other good things happened this week as well:
- The freezer was (finally) defrosted!
- Our annual rebate check arrived from Costco, and was quite a bit more than we were expecting.
- Our federal tax refund check also arrived, less than three weeks after filing online. We decided to forego the $29 option to have it direct deposited, so were not expecting to receive anything until next month some time.
- We put $17.78 in the change/$1 bill jar this week.
- We found another beautiful $5 plant for the lanai at the farmer’s market.
- And . . . I have ridden the exercise bike three times every day for the past week, putting in over 70 miles, and burning more than 2800 calories!
How was your week? What good things happened for you?
4 thoughts on “Feel Good Friday”
You are crushing it on the exercise bike! And yum. . . . Sees! Love it.
For me, I finally have 99% of my tax stuff ready to go. We had to switch accountants this year (old one retired) & it’s been a giant pain. The end is in sight! Can’t wait to get everything handed off & figure out how much we owe. Hopefully less than last year. That’s my good thing for this week!
Last week I was feeling “antsy” so I decided to climb on the bike again in the afternoon. It felt so good that I added an afternoon ride every day. Hopefully one of these days I can fit in one more – I recently read that an hour’s worth of exercise every day should the goal.
Congrats on getting those taxes done – I know they were weighing on you. I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that things go the way you hope!
Why would you have to pay $29 for direct deposit. I use Turbo tax for myself and also do my parents. There is no fee to file and no fee for direct deposit?
We used a free edition of Turbo Tax, but got a notice we would be charged a “processing fee” of $29 if we wanted direct deposit. Since our refund wasn’t very big, we opted to receive a check instead. We were very surprised by how quickly it came.
Comments are closed.