I ♥ travel planning! The challenge of scoring a good airfare or getting a great hotel room at a fabulous price or arranging ground transportation and activities – all the necessary pieces to creating a solid foundation for a fantastic trip – is immensely fun for me.
So, with WenYu heading off to college in Massachusetts in just four months, I am heading once again into the throes of travel planning because, besides making sure WenYu is safely settled in with all her stuff, I’ve been encouraged to add a couple of extras to the itinerary.
One of my dearest friends from our navy days lives in Bath, Maine, and given that I will be so close I am hoping to head up her way for two or three days for a visit (another dearest friend from our navy days used to live in Maine and I so, so wish she were still there to visit too). If we can work out our schedules, I will most likely take the train up to Portland from Boston – it’s very affordable.
After my time in New England, I will head west to Denver to spend three to four days visiting my mom before flying back to Hawai’i.
So, here’s what I have to figure out and arrange (for now):
- One-way airfare from Lihue to Boston for WenYu and I
- Ground transportation from Boston to Natick, MA
- Hotel in Natick
- Rental car in Natick (I am NOT driving in Boston)
- Transport from Natick to North Station in Boston (maybe)
- Round-trip train travel from North Station to Portland, ME (maybe)
- Transport from North Station to Logan airport (maybe) with a . . .
- Possible overnight hotel stay in Boston
- One-way airfare from Boston to Denver
- Rental car at Denver airport
- Hotel in Loveland, CO
- One-way airfare from Denver to Lihue
It all seems like a lot, and I’m sure there’s something that I’ve forgotten or that will pop up, but I know it will all come together. Let the planning begin!