Well, last week almost went as planned . . .
A few days got switched around, and the Spicy Steak Pizzaiola ended up being moved to yesterday. Then, I decided the steak would be better used for a beef & broccoli stir-fry because broccoli is in season here, and we bought a big bunch at the farmers’ market last week. All was well until I discovered yesterday morning that I didn’t actually have any steak in the freezer, and I still can’t figure out where I got the idea I did. So, last night we ended up having Broccoli & Tofu in Spicy Peanut Sauce, which we all enjoyed, even if it wasn’t steak.
Brett’s birthday falls on Thursday this week, but there’s one more track meet that day, so we will celebrate instead on Friday. He’s requested hamburgers and potato salad, and I’m going to make a lemon cake with coconut frosting, one of his and the girls’ favorites.
We are also doing our big monthly Costco shop this week . . . supplies are starting to run a bit low around here. We’re also going to stop and check out a new market that recently opened close to us – it sells only locally raised meat and vegetables. If nothing else we’ll pick up some ground beef for Friday’s burgers.
Here’s what’s on the menu this week:
- Tuesday (tonight): Barbecue pulled pork sandwiches; coleslaw (I’ll have barbecue tofu).
- Wednesday: Pizza (parent’s meeting at the high school – I’ll have . . . something)
- Thursday: Track meet (the last one!) – leftovers and YOYO
- Friday: Grilled hamburgers; potato salad (veggie burger for me)
- Saturday: Grilled lemon chicken thighs; quinoa salad
- Sunday: Stuffed tomatoes; salami; fresh mozzarella; bread
- Monday: Spaghetti with classic marinara sauce, meatballs, green salad & bread (meatless meatballs for me)
Once again, we’ll see how it goes!