This week’s menu focus is using up what we have on hand in the freezer because that little things needs to be defrosted! We have been quite surprised by how quickly the frost accumulates here versus our old house, but maybe we are opening it more often. Who knows?
So, I’ve been through what’s in the freezer, and what we have in the pantry, and came up with the menu below. YaYu and WenYu will be fixing dinner nights this week, and will be making the stovetop dishes. Everything I’m fixing will either be cooked out on the grill or in the slow cooker because it’s hot! I’m going to put next Monday’s casserole together in the morning, but have the girls get it in and out of the oven!
Here’s what we’re having this week:
- Tuesday (this evening): Chicken cacciatore; spaghetti; garlic bread; grilled zucchini (everything but the chicken for me). The girls are using Ree Drummond’s recipe.
- Wednesday: Grilled lamb burgers with feta in pitas; spanakopita; cucumber dill salad (hummus in a pita for me)
- Thursday: Grilled fish tacos with fresh mango salsa; saffron rice
- Friday: Slow-cooker kalua pork; macaroni salad; rice; cole slaw (everything but the pork for me)
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Shrimp pad thai (girls are cooking)
- Monday: Turkey divan casserole (not sure what I’ll have)
We’ll see how it goes!