I am going to make my way back into the kitchen this week even though I’m still on “light duty.” Brett has done a fantastic job preparing our meals these past couple of weeks, as well as making sure that leftovers get used up and there’s no food waste, but I think he’s ready now to let me pick up the cooking again, or at least parts of it. According to the physical therapist, it’s OK for me to start resuming activities, but not anything that requires prolonged standing, or any bending.
Since it’s the beginning of a new month, I’ve decided to try adding limited amounts of cheese back into my diet. I’ve done alright with small amounts of Parmesan, and want to try out small amount of softer cheeses and see how it goes. That means no grilled cheese sandwiches yet, or macaroni and cheese, but I will add a small amount of cheese to my serving of the enchiladas that are planned for this week. I continue to have no interest in adding meat back into my diet for the time being.
This week we’re having:
- Tuesday (this evening): Grilled cheeseburgers (Boca Burger for me and no cheese); garlic fries. YaYu made the fries in her culinary class last week, said they were delicious, and wants to make them for us!
- Wednesday: Vegetable yakisoba
- Thursday: Green chili seafood enchiladas; refried beans; Spanish-style yellow rice
- Friday: Pizza for Brett and I (YaYu has another cross country spaghetti dinner)
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Sunday: Mango-mustard tofu; steamed rice; cucumber salad (the recipe calls for chicken but I’m substituting cubed tofu)
- Monday: Grilled chicken kebabs; vegetable kebabs; bulgur pilaf (no chicken for me)
We’ll be looking out for vegetables that we can use for the kebabs this week at the farmers’ market (cherry tomatoes, zucchini, etc.) as well as some more mint for our mojitos, but otherwise we’ve got everything we need on hand.
I’m still a bit sore (the PT kicked things up a bit) but am looking forward to easing back in cooking again. We’ll see how it goes this week, and how much I can do. I’ve got the best back-up help though!