- YaYu took leftovers for her lunch every day this week.
- We had to go to Costco to buy sourdough bread to make garlic bread for YaYu’s weekly swim team spaghetti dinner . . . and we bought only bread in the store. This is a huge frugal accomplishment for us – we usually can find several other things we “need.”
- I applied for a Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard. While this might not seem outwardly frugal, if I spend at least $1000 with it within 90 days, I’ll get an additional 50,000 miles added to my mileage account. I plan to use the card to cover some expenses while we are in Japan (hotel, meals), and then pay it off when we get home. When my card arrives, Brett will close his account (he already got his 50,000 miles).
- The girls went out for shave ice last weekend, and used coupons we bought from one of YaYu’s fundraisers last year. The coupons were just $3 each; the regular shave ice price was $5.50.
- We combined trips whenever possible. For example, earlier this week Brett took YaYu to school, WenYu to the dentist and stopped at our local Safeway to pick up a prescription and a head of iceberg lettuce. We tried to make every trip into town do at least double or triple duty.
What were your frugal wins this week?