YaYu’s commented this week, “Mom, how can you pick five things? Everything we do is frugal!” I have to say it’s pretty wonderful when your teenager notices your efforts!
- Brett gets the blades for his razor from Harry’s.com; they’re a quality blade that costs less than the ones sold at Costco. Last month there was a problem with the shipping on his order, so he contacted them to ask where his blades were and they sent him an extra box for free.
- Last Saturday we had leftovers on the menu, and every single leftover was cleaned out of the refrigerator! YaYu made fried rice to use up all the little bits of vegetables that were hanging around. The most expensive food you buy is the food you throw out.
- Brett took the cans and bottles we had hanging out in the garage to the recycling center this week, and the refund of $2.42 went into our change/$1 bill jar.
- Instead of buying expensive bottled ice tea, I made a big pitcher of lychee sun tea.
- I checked to see if our library had some books I want to read available as eReader downloads. Not all were, but I now have several books waiting on my “later” shelf, to download for free when I’m ready.
What frugal wins did you have?