- We used some of our Hawaiian Airlines mileage stockpile this last week to book WenYu’s ticket from Honolulu to Kaua’i in May. Total out-of-pocket cost for her flight: $5.60 (the taxes).
- As usual, we washed only three loads of clothes this week, and hung many of them out in the sun to dry. We wash in cold water, except for the white load when we use the ‘Eco-warm’ setting (our towels are white, so they’re in this load).
- YaYu needed a long dress for one event at the Key Club convention this weekend, and the dress code is fairly strict. She spent several hours looking online for something both appropriate and affordable, but ended up buying a simple black dress and ‘gold’ necklace at Ross this past weekend for just $10.88! A friend will loan her a pair of shoes to complete her outfit.
- Brett and I have decided that rather than ordering off the regular dinner menu at the restaurant tomorrow evening, we’ll order three or four small plates instead and share those – less money, fewer calories.
- We were very close to having a no-spend week: Other than our trip to the farmers’ market (money already set aside), the only other spending was for the tax on WenYu’s flight, and $8.80 to send YaYu’s Chinese visa application over to Oahu via FedEx. Necessities only!
What frugal wins did you have this past week?