- We realized last weekend that the shorts Brett was wearing were purchased in 1999! I bought them from the Gap, along with three other pairs, on sale for $6 each. Other than being a bit faded they’re still in excellent shape. His Reyn Spooner aloha shirt was purchased from Goodwill for just $6.99.
- We of course brought home the complementary toiletries that were in our room at the Hotel Coral Reef. The soap and shower gel are being used now, but the shampoo, conditioner and lotion were set aside for future travels.
- We always combine trips whenever possible to save gas, so made a loop of Walmart, Big Save, Cost-U-Less and finished up at the farmers’ market on Wednesday, and then on Thursday morning stopped at Costco on the way home from my appointment at the Barking Sands PMRF base (on the far west side) to get my military ID card renewed.
- Before we shopped at Costco, we went carefully over our list one more time and were able to remove four items that we either didn’t really need, or that can wait until next month.
- Rather than buy pre-cut pineapple for kabobs next week ($12.99), we again bought a whole one for just $2.99. The pineapples sold at Costco are from Maui and they’re huge – we’ll get twice as much fruit as a package of pre-cut. We’ll also plant the top and keep our fingers crossed – the chickens have dug up the last two.
What frugal things did you do this week?