More frugal happenings at Casa Aloha:
- We realized that other than our weekly trip to the farmers’ market, we had a no-spend week last week, and the only spending we did this week was for the farmers’ market again, gasoline for the car (less than $20), and breakfast with Marji and her husband on Monday. Money for the farmers’ market and gasoline had already been set aside, so breakfast was the only discretionary spending.
- Brett carries a bag along when he walks, and picks up any cans and bottles that are littering the beach path, taking care of two things at the same time: the beach path is cleaner, and we get to recycle the cans/bottles, with the money going into our travel fund.
- I went through the J. Jill site the other day (my favorite place to buy clothes), and put four items in my shopping bag . . . and that’s where they still are. I need some new warm weather clothing, but I still can’t bring myself to buy anything this year.
- YaYu took leftovers every day for her lunch.
- The group sponsoring the trip to China that YaYu will be on this summer recommended students bring $300 – $400 in yuan along for spending money. We asked YaYu how much she wanted to bring and she said $100 – “I know what things cost there. I’m not planning on buying anything other than street food.” That’s our girl!
What frugal wins did you have this week?