A friend asked me the other day if I could give her even some small clues about where Brett and I will be going on our BIG Mystery Adventure™ next year and what we’ll be doing. After some thought, and talking with Brett, here are the clues I gave her:
- We will be leaving right after we take YaYu to college in 2018. Depending on what school she ends up attending, that could be in either August or September.
- We will be taking at least four plane flights after we leave YaYu.
- The trip will cost a bit more than $7000, which is our savings goal for this year. We haven’t set a firm goal for next year but will again be saving all we can before departing. We have also set one other savings-oriented goal, but it’s a secret for now.
And, here are three clues that I’ve already dropped in the blog:
- We will be needing large suitcases versus traveling with carry-on only.
- We will be transitioning seasons.
- The word BIG is in the name.
I actually can’t wait to share the details, but won’t until spring of next year, which is when we plan to start making the actual reservations for our journey. Still, we’re only looking at around 15 months out until we’ll be on our way, and if the past is predictive that will be on us faster than we can imagine.