- We signed up for the free trial for HBO on Amazon and watched movies that we’d otherwise have to pay to rent, then cancelled the subscription before we were charged.
- I made the first goal on Swagbucks every day in May, and will earn at least 300 bonus Swagbucks plus the daily lower goal bonus (I made the second goal on a few days too). I’m banking the Swagbucks I’m earning now – they will be turned into Amazon gift cards later and used to beef up our Christmas budget.
- WenYu picked up a second job as a part-time server at the restaurant where she worked last summer. The shifts there complement the ones at her other job, and provide big tips. She has enough in her savings to cover expenses this coming year, but wants to get a head start for the following year.
- We heard that we might possibly be able to get a better rate on our car insurance with another company, so we requested a quote. At first it looked to be lower than what we are paying now, but we did a comparison with our current insurance, and discovered it was actually more per month with less coverage and higher deductibles than we have now. So, we’re sticking with our current insurance. We’ll still keep checking once a year though to make sure we are getting the best deal.
- We put $13.09 into the change/$1 bill jar: $8.09 in change from a trip to Costco last weekend, and $5.00 leftover from the farmers’ market.
What frugal wins did you have this week?