- We had plans to buy Brett a Kindle before we go on our Big Mystery Adventure™ next year, but this past week YaYu offered him the one we bought for her in 2012. She doesn’t use it any more (she bought herself a Kindle Fire last year), and it still works great.
- I had a pair of Birkenstocks and another nice pair of flip-flops that I rarely wore any more, and was thinking of taking them to the thrift store. I asked WenYu though if she wanted them, and she snapped them up. She’s been wanting some Birkenstocks, so saved some $$, and the sandals fit her well and look great.
- On the positive, frugal side of things, we kept to our shopping list when we did our big shop at Costco, and didn’t buy anything not on the list. On the not-so-positive side, we were left with only $61.54 to finish our shopping today, and buy more fruit later this month. We will finish up our monthly shopping later today, and fingers are crossed that it’s less than $61.54!
- It’s been hot and humid here this past week (quelle surprise!), and a couple of times I’ve almost talked myself into us buying an air conditioner for the house (I tolerate this weather less well than anyone else). But, I’ve instead imagined myself on our trip next year, and decided I’d rather put up with a little discomfort now and save our money for later – it will be worth it!
- We put only $3.03 in the change/$1 bill jar this week: $2.00 in change Brett got back from YaYu, $1.00 left over from the farmers’ market, and 3¢ Brett found on the ground. Every little bit adds up!
What frugal wins did you have this week?