- Last Sunday was “Kama’aina Day” at Kaua’i mini golf, up in Kilauea on the north shore. Locals are invited to play for free on the last Sunday of each month, and our schedules finally aligned so we could all go for a family outing. Money saved: $42.30.
- I bought a huge bunch of fresh basil at the farmer’s market last week, and used some when we had Caprese skillet eggs last week. Fresh basil spoils quickly in this heat, but I had everything on hand to make a double batch of California herbed butter. Half went in the fridge and half to the freezer for future use. We didn’t throw away any other food this past week either.
- I earned 708 bonus Swagbucks in July – not as much as the previous two months, but still a good haul.
- Brett and I both continue to take advantage of the free Kindle downloads offered through the public library. Another book came off my hold list this week, and I’ll get started on it this weekend. I honestly can’t remember the last time either of us bought a book.
- We put $7.35 into the change/$1 bill jar: $7.25 left over from the farmers’ market, and 10¢ we found in the car.
What frugal wins did you have this week?