- We received a “windfall” of $336 last week from Social Security – Brett received 16 months of income he should have been paid when he turned 66 (he’s now 67). We put the extra income into the travel account. Starting next month he will receive $21 more per month in his SS deposit – not a lot, but we’ll take it.
- After spending $4 for bottled water on the first day of jury duty 😠, I brought my own water, coffee, healthy lunch and snacks from home every day so I didn’t have to buy anything more from the vending machines or the food truck next door.
- Although I will receive reimbursement for mileage to and from the courthouse for my jury duty, Brett always tried to make sure there were other errands in the area he could take care of at the same time he was dropping me off or picking me up.
- WenYu was given a big container of Verde’s delicious fresh salsa this past week – the same amount would cost a little over $5 at the grocery store.
- We put $19.25 into the change/$1 bill jar during the past two weeks: $10.25 left from two farmers’ market trips, $2.89 change from Safeway, $6.00 left from my $10 “jury duty emergency fund,” and 11¢ Brett found on his walks.
What frugal wins have you had?