Back in May, I posted the following clues about our upcoming Big Mystery Adventure™, which will be beginning in less than a year (!!):
- We will be leaving right after we take YaYu to college in 2018. Depending on what school she ends up attending, that could be in either August or September.
- We will be taking at least four plane flights after we leave YaYu.
- The trip will cost more than $7000, which is our travel savings goal for this year. We haven’t set a firm goal for next year but will be saving all we can before departing.
There are other clues from previous posts in the blog:
- We will be needing large suitcases versus traveling with carry-on only.
- We will be transitioning seasons.
- The word BIG is in the name.
But it’s time for a few more clues:
- We’ll be traveling for more than a couple of months.
- We’ll be bringing our passports.
- We’ll be visiting family.
- Our lodging will primarily be Airbnb rentals.
- We’re taking one organized tour.
- We’re taking one scheduled railway excursion.
- Don’t forget the word BIG!
We still can’t reserve flights or lodgings until we know where and when YaYu will be going to college, but it’s looking more and more like we’ll be beginning our adventure in late August of next year. The itinerary is pretty much solid now – we just may need to wiggle some dates once we know when the journey will begin.
I’m ready to reveal all now, but Brett wants to hold back and make sure a couple of things are firmly in place first, so I will bow to his wishes and stick with our plan to tell all after the first of the year.
In the meantime, any guesses?