- Although we budget $10/month for rental movies, we realized this week we haven’t spent any of that for a few months now. It’s been very easy to find free offerings on either Netflix, Amazon or Hulu instead.
- I got an email from L.L. Bean on Monday that they were having a 20% off fall sale on Tuesday. I had a $10 gift card from them that was expiring soon, so decided to do some Christmas shopping. My spending limit was $85. The items I ordered came to $109.85, but with the 20% discount of $21.97 and the $10 gift card, the total came to just $77.88. And, I earned another $10 gift card!
- Early in the week I was feeling like we had run out of things for fixing meals and that Brett and I would have to do our monthly shopping earlier than usual. But, I went through the pantry, fridge and freezer and came up with a pretty nice menu for the week using what we had on hand. Other than our weekly visit to the farmers’ market, and stopping at Big Save for some bean sprouts, we had another no-spend week.
- Brett and I started taking a daily walk this week, and rather than buy something new as I had intended, I decided instead to save and use a pair of shoes I already have. They aren’t great for extended walking (as I learned in Japan), but for the three-mile walks we’re doing now they’ve been just fine.
- We put $16.28 into our change/$1 bill jar: $2.86 left after our Big Save shop, $4.25 from the farmers’ market, and $9.76 left from our cable bill.
What frugal wins did you have this week?