- The second $10 L.L. Bean gift card I received earlier in the month from an order was due to expire this coming weekend, so I applied it toward the purchase of a pair of Perfect Fit Pants (my all-time favorite travel pants), regularly priced at $39.95. Shipping from L.L. Bean is free, and there was no tax. As an added bonus, I am now able to order the pants in size small again!
- Even though she was not chosen as a Questbridge finalist, YaYu heard from several of their partner colleges this past week letting her know they will waive their application fee (regularly $60 per school) for regular admission if she still wants to apply (she does), saving us approximately $360.
- We’ve been working at lowering our monthly utility costs, and after a huge water bill last month due to a plumbing issue (that’s been resolved, thank goodness), this month’s water bill was down by more than $100, and was actually $18 less than our normal average monthly charge.
- Brett needed some screws to repair our mailbox after someone accidentally backed into it, and went to Ace Hardware on Tuesday to take advantage of their senior discount day. As a military retiree, he also received a 10% discount from Home Depot last weekend when he bought light bulbs and a couple of other items – he just had to show his ID card.
- We put $13.95 in to the change/$1 bill jar this week: $5.45 in change from Home Depot, and $8.50 from the farmers’ market.
What frugal wins did you have this week?