- Brett ordered new glasses at Costco this past weekend. Total cost, including frames, blended progressive and Transition lenses: $255.18. The price the optometrist quoted him for the same features and similar frames: $800+. We love our optometrist, but there’s a reason we don’t buy our glasses from him!
- We were able to decrease our energy usage last month, a good thing because electric rates increased again and energy credits were reduced. As a result, instead of a higher bill, ours ended up 7¢ less than the previous month’s.
- My October bonus from Swagbucks was 820 SB, and I’m now about halfway towards earning another $250 Southwest Airlines gift card. I also purchased another $25 Amazon gift card ‘on sale’ for just 2200 Swagbucks versus the regular price of 2500.
- This past Tuesday and Wednesday it poured rain all day (torrentially at times) so rather than run up our water bill Brett set the car out in the driveway Tuesday morning and by late afternoon all he had to do was wipe it off and voilà! Clean car! The rain almost ruined Halloween, but it let up long enough in the evening for us to have several groups of kids come to the house. We were ready with candy YaYu didn’t want from her stash (Snickers, Peanut M&Ms, and Almond Joys). No money was spent and nothing was wasted.
- We put just $6 in the change/$1 bill jar this week, our leftover from the farmers’ market.
What frugal wins did you have?