- We had no food waste this week. I used up all sorts of vegetable odds and ends that were hanging out in the fridge by making a big pan of mixed roasted vegetables – yum!
- YaYu is the queen of fundraising to help reduce her school and/or club expenses, and this past week she asked her school’s foundation if they could help support the 15 students signed up to attend the state Key Club convention in Honolulu. The foundation donated $1500 to help cover costs, $100 per person to reduce their cost for the trip!
- This past week was our quarterly propane fill-up. As with other utilities, we’ve worked at reducing our gas usage (we have a gas range, gas dryer, and an on-demand gas water heater), and our bill was $43 dollars less than the last fill-up.
- It’s Black Friday today and we are not buying anything. Nor will we buy anything on Cyber Monday. However, we are going to Costco tomorrow to pick up four items including local favorites that will be on sale: POG (passionfruit, orange and guava juice) – buy one gallon get one free; Kaua’i-made Anahola granola – $2 off a 1.5 pound bag; a box of Japanese sweet cakes (imagawayaki) – $2.50 off; and a pork tenderloin roast – $8 off. Last year we got an 8-lb roast for just $6. The girls love POG, and along with some champagne it makes a very tasty mimosa.
- We put $5.00 in the change/$1 bill jar this week, left over from the farmers’ market.
What frugal wins did you have?
7 thoughts on “Five Frugal Things 11/24/2017”
Nice work! POG in a mimosa sounds amazing. Yum!
I did do some Black Friday shopping, but finished my list & came in well under budget. And, used eBates to earn cash back. Pretty happy about that.
My biggest win was probably two of my favorite bras for $10 at Target. It was a crazy deal, and I happened to have a gift card.
Hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family!
We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sounds like yours was pretty nice as well. I would love to find bras that fit at Target (that’s where the girls get theirs) – what a good deal!
We are braving Costco tomorrow – we thought about going today but instinct told us it would be crazy. POG mimosas are fabulous – when I flew first class home summer before last that’s what we got before take-off. One sip and I was hooked! We’re going to have them on Christmas morning this year.
Sounds all very yummy especially the mimosa. I love champagne so…….
POG mimosas are SO GOOD! Better than orange juice . . .
Well done! I used up our vegetable odds and ends to make chicken veggie soup. No new frugal wins this week, just regular simple living.
Living simply is THE most frugal thing anyone can do!
My frugal win this week was eating leftover turkey for almost every meal. I can’t even look at turkey now, but I did save a lot of money! I’m heading to Costco tomorrow. I’m off work so I’m hoping there will be less people there on a weekday. I usually find a lot of Christmas presents there so I hope they have some good stuff!
Comments are closed.