- A new phone for Brett has been high on our list of needed things (his old one was six-plus years old and on its last legs). We had not intended to do any shopping over Black Friday weekend except for a few local items on sale at Costco, but we ended up taking advantage of a special offer while we were there and purchased Brett a new iPhone7. T-Mobile at Costco had the phone on sale for $499 with an additional $50 off last Friday, Saturday and Sunday (the regular price for the phone is $649). Because T-Mobile (finally) has a presence on the island, the changeover from his old phone was easy and there were no additional fees (i.e. activation, etc.) so our monthly bill will remain the same. We also purchased a case and glass screen protector at Costco for less than we would have paid from Amazon or Walmart.
- The price for the pork tenderloin roasts at Costco had gone up a bit this year from last, and there were only a few left when we shopped last Saturday, but I found one 8.68# roast and with $8 off the total price was $10.88 ($1.25 vs. $2.18 per pound). We now have three two-pound roasts waiting for us in the freezer (I made balsamic pork roast with the fourth one this past week).
- I redeemed some of my Swagbucks earnings for another $250 Southwest Airlines gift card last Wednesday.
- Our case of Scott recycled, 2-ply toilet paper arrived from Amazon this past week. At 59¢ per roll, it’s the best deal around.
- We put $2.50 into the change/$1 bill jar this week, our leftover from the farmers’ market.
What frugal wins did you have this past week?