With all that’s coming up this year, trying to make a list of the many things we want and need to accomplish before we set off on the Big Adventure would be overwhelming, as well as a post too long to organize. So, I’ve instead decided this year to break down our goals month by month to make sure we can get them done. Initially the tasks shouldn’t be too overwhelming, but building on what we get done each month’s should help us avoid a deluge of last-minute craziness when it’s time to go next summer!
Here are our January goals:
- Put at least $900 into our travel savings.
- Clean off one set of shelves in the garage. Only things that will be sold at our moving sale next summer will remain or be placed on the shelves (the shelves have actually already been sold though!).
- Get my hair cut. I grew out my very curly (and frizzy) hair last year, mostly out of curiosity, but it’s driving me crazy now so it’s time to go back to short hair again. Brett may get his hair cut as well.
- Get Brett’s hearing aids. He’s already had his hearing tests done, and now just needs to be fitted for the actual appliances (will get this done at Costco).
- Have new glasses made with my updated prescription. I have the frames ordered (from RayBan); when they arrive I’ll get the glasses made at Costco. The prescription didn’t change too much so I will be able to carry my current glasses along as a back-up pair when we travel.
- Update our wills. YaYu turns 18 this month, so we no longer need to have a designated guardian for her, among other updates.
Besides prepping for the Big Adventure, the big theme here at Casa Aloha this year will be downsizing. One thing that will be happening every month is at least one bag of stuff will go to a local thrift store. We’d rather get as much as possible of this done up front so we’re not left with tons of stuff to get rid of right before we go.
I’ll post at the end of the month with how we did!