Although some good things happened for us last month, I think we were all glad to see the end of March come around. Mainly because we’ve all been pining for blue skies and warmer temperatures, but also because we are eager to keep moving forward toward the fall and the big changes that will be coming around for all of us. We’re making progress, but it still feels like there is so very, very much to get done, and not enough time to do it all. Things are still moving though, albeit slowly for now, but will pick up speed the closer we get to our move out date.
Anyway, here’s how we did with March’s goals:
- Put at least $900 into our travel savings account. We put $1067.50 in to our account. Lots of it came right back out to pay for all the reservations we made at the end of the month.
- Clean out at least three cabinets in the kitchen. Done! I organized two cabinets and one now holds the dishes we’re storing, and the other holds the ones we’re letting go. I also cleaned out the baking cabinet; most of what’s in there now are items we’re using now but selling later.
- Clean out and organize my nightstand. Done! There was an awful lot of junk in there.
- Clean out the two tansu in the living room (they’ve both been sold). Done! Most of the stuff that’s left are things we’ll continue to use until the buyers come to claim the chests.
- Narrow our list of suitable Airbnb rentals for the first half of our trip. Done! We’ve reserved all our homes for the first half of the trip, with the total less than $30 over our budget.
- Set up an additional area in the garage for moving sale items. Done! And it’s filling up fast.
- Take at least one bag of stuff to the thrift store. We filled one bag last month.
Here are our goals for April:
- Put at least $900 into our travel savings account.
- Continue to look for and possibly book air travel down to Buenos Aires.
- Clean out and shut down the garage freezer.
- Use up as many condiments as possible in the refrigerator.
- Move my IRA from the local bank to our primary bank; help YaYu open an account at our primary bank.
- Order lei and a haku for YaYu’s graduation.
- Take at least one bag of stuff to the thrift store.
Once again, we’ll see how we do!