Here’s how we did with last month’s goals:
- Put at least $900 into our travel savings account. We saved $1005 last month; it all went toward the balance on our credit card.
- Continue to look for and possibly book air travel down to Buenos Aires. I found a great non-stop fare from Miami, so these tickets are booked.
- Clean out and shut down the garage freezer. Done!
- Use up as many condiments as possible in the refrigerator. We made good progress with this; there are just a few more things to use up.
- Move my IRA from the local bank to our primary bank; help YaYu open an account at our primary bank. We decided to leave my IRA in the local bank for now to maintain Hawai’i as our state of domicile, but got YaYu’s new account opened.
- Order lei and a haku for YaYu’s graduation. We still have to do this, but my daughter-in-law wants to go with me to the flower shop. YaYu will be getting five different lei: one from her brother and each of her sisters, one from Brett’s sister and brother-in-law, and one in memory of her grandparents. Brett and I will give her a floral haku (head wreath).
- Take at least one bag of stuff to the thrift store. We could not find enough stuff to fill a bag this past month! We did take some other stuff though.
Here are our goals for May:
- Pay at least $900 on our credit card balance.
- Clean out paper files.
- Strip, sand and oil table top.
- Reserve window cleaners and house cleaners for move out in July (we’ll need help with the windows and floors).
- Clean out bookshelves in YaYu’s room and help YaYu fill at least one bag of stuff for the thrift store.
Once again, we’ll see how we do!