June doesn’t actually arrive for another couple of days, but we now officially have less than two months to go before we move out of our rental house, and there is more than plenty to do in the coming month to continue to get ready for that.
First though, here’s how we did with last month’s goals:
- Pay at least $900 on our credit card balance. We paid $4613.50 on the balance. We still have a bit more to go though.
- Clean out paper files. Brett took care of this, and got our entire file box compressed down to one envelope of papers to keep.
- Strip, sand and oil table top. Done – the table is beautiful and ready to go to its new owners!
- Reserve window cleaners and house cleaners for move out in July (we’ll need help with the windows and floors). We decided to do these tasks ourselves.
- Clean out bookshelves in YaYu’s room and help YaYu fill at least one bag of stuff for the thrift store. The most difficult task of all because she hates to throw away anything (but of course can’t take it with her to college either), but she got it done! We filled one bag of stuff from her room along with another bag from around the house to go to the thrift store.
Here are our goals for June:
- Pay at least $900 on our credit card.
- Purchase travel insurance.
- Clean, oil and buff three tansu for new owner.
- Take down and package TV for new owner; disassemble girls’ bunkbed and clean.
- Take down all art work from the walls; fill and repair nail holes.
- Empty pantry, clean shelves (repaint if necessary).
- Take all items to be shipped and stored into the garage for the movers.
- Start pricing items for moving sale.
Let’s see how it goes!