July is going to be busy but pivotal month for us – we’re scheduled to move out of the house on the 28th and over to the condo we rented. We’re greatly looking forward to our stay there because Brett and I will have no obligations other than to relax and enjoy our remaining time on the island – we’ll finally get to take a Kaua’i “vacation” (YaYu will continue to work right up until we leave though). The condo is the same one our son and family stayed in earlier this year, with that fabulous pool, which is where I intend to be spending most of my time while we’re there, either swimming in it or sitting by the side under an umbrella.
Here’s how we did with last month’s goals:
- Pay at least $900 on our credit card. We paid $3210 toward our remaining balance (we sold an additional $435 worth of things this past weekend). Just a little more to go!
- Purchase travel insurance. It turned out we didn’t need to buy this because our credit card already provides insurance for things like lost luggage, cancelled flights, etc. and our health and dental insurance are valid all over the world. In fact, we discovered that – surprise! – because we have military health insurance we were ineligible for regular travel health insurance.
- Clean, oil and buff all the tansu. Done! Cheryl and Alan arrive this week and we’ll get them all moved over to their house.
- Take down and package TV; disassemble and clean girls’ bunkbed. Done! Both of these items are also going over to Cheryl and Alan.
- Take down all art work from the walls; fill and repair nail holes. Done! This pictures went in our shipment, and I defy the landlord to find even one of the nail holes I repaired.
- Empty pantry, clean shelves (repaint if necessary). Done!
- Take all items to be shipped for storage into the garage for the movers. Done – the movers came and picked up everything last Friday.
- Start pricing items for moving sale. We’re off to a slow start with this, but will finish it off this week, once we’ve gotten everything else out of the house and over to Cheryl and Alan’s.
- We also took four big bags of stuff to the thrift store and are working at filling another one.
Here are our goals for July:
- Hold garage sale on July 6 through July 8; take all items that don’t sell to the thrift store.
- Deep clean the house like we’re preparing for a navy-style white glove inspection.
- Detail car and list for sale on July 20. The rental car for our last month on Kaua’i is already arranged.
- Pack suitcases and move to the condo on the 28th.
Just four goals this month, but they will keep us busy!