Giveaway #1 is a beautiful brocade obi! Although the obi is not made from silk, it is still a luxurious piece of fabric and full of wonderful detail:While most of us will never wear a kimono, or need an obi, there are many ways these uniquely Japanese items can be repurposed and used. An obi is nearly 10 feet long, so there is quite a bit of fabric to work with. Below are some suggestions for how an obi or the fabric in it can be used in Western decor or accessories:
Here are the giveaway rules:
- You may enter the giveaway once a day.
- Leave a comment on this post with at least one about what you would like to see or do if you went to Japan, or how you might use this obi – each comment you leave equals one entry.
- For a one-time additional entry, send a separate comment and let me know if you already follow The Occasional Nomads or if you become a follower.
- Share about the giveaway on your own blog and let me know in a separate comment for one more additional entry.
- The giveaway will end on midnight on June 5; one entry will be chosen at random and the winner announced on Friday, June 7. I will contact the winner by email to get shipping information. The giveaway is open only to readers in the U.S. and Canada (I’m sorry – I can’t afford the postage otherwise).
Thanks for entering – I look forward to hearing from you!