- Put at least $900 into our travel savings account. We put $1261.11 into our account in February.
- Combine all pantry items into one closet. Here’s how our two closets looked before . . . and here’s how they look now!
- Make reservations for an overnight stay on the Big Island, and a two-night stay at one of the PMRF cottages during spring break. We have reservations now for the Big Island in late June, and will be staying overnight in a cottage at Camp Kilauea (with a fireplace and jetted tub!) inside the national park. My HawaiianMiles will cover our flights over to the Big Island and back (Kona), and we have free entrance to the park, so besides.lodging our only other expenses will be a car rental and dining (we plan to have dinner at Volcano House, but otherwise will bring our own food along). Brett also got us booked for two nights in early June at one of the beachfront cottages at Barking Sands on the west side of Kaua’i. They’re fully furnished, so we’ll take along our own food, and have dinner one night at the restaurant on base (Shenanigans), which is supposed to be very good. Brett and YaYu are going to spend one day while we’re there hiking in Waimea Canyon; I will hold down the fort and relax (i.e. sit out on the beach and read).
- Decide on bed pillows and cases to take along on the Big Adventure.We checked out several pillows this month at Costco. Some were too heavy (I’m looking at you, Tempurpedic memory foam), and others were lightweight and cheap, and we didn’t think they’d hold up well, especially after getting stuffed into our suitcases over and over. We have settled on these pillows through Amazon. They’re expensive, but very lightweight (around one pound each) and durable. There’s no hurry to order them right now though.
- Take at least one bag of stuff to the thrift store. We took four bags to the thrift store in February.
Here are our goals for March:
- Put at least $900 into our travel savings account.
- Clean out at least three cabinets in the kitchen.
- Clean out and organize my nightstand.
- Clean out the two tansu in the living room (they’ve both been sold).
- Narrow our list of suitable Airbnb rentals for the first half of our trip.
- Set up an additional area in the garage for moving sale items.
- Take at least one bag of stuff to the thrift store.
Let’s see how we do!